Thursday, January 6, 2011

Crumbs - Crumb #2

Crumb #2: "Positive bleeding" by Urge Overkill

Faithful to the definition of "Crumb" I coined (could I be more arrogant?) I didn't search any further information about Urge Overkill.
I rely on my defective memories only.
So: mm... a trio, from Usa, I suppose, the singer's (real?) name was Nash Kato, I listened to their "Saturation" album (1993? 1994?) half a dozen times (it was a friend of mine's), at a certain point there was so much hype on them that a music magazine (can't remember which... NME? Spin?) claimed their "Stull" e.p. would have become the most influential record of the century, they toured with Nirvana (if I don't get wrong, I'm not that sure), they gained sudden and colossal visibility outside "indie world boundaries" after appearing in "Pulp Fiction" soundtrack with their Nick Cave-ish cover of "Girl, you'll be a woman soon".
Needless to say, this single had been my "favourite song to sing in the shower" for weeks.

Urge Overkill - Positive bleeding (1993)

No comments:

Post a Comment