Friday, February 25, 2011

...and all of a sudden it's February 1991

I was searching material for a post about the so-called Madchester scene; in my intentions it would take three sub-posts at least, in order to define, to discuss, to... explain (to myself, first) its role in the decade this blog is about.
It's such hard mission, and my English doesn't assist me the way I need it to. So many cool things to say, yet so few adjectives to convey the message.
Anyway...
While idly drifting from site to site, I stumbled upon a date, no... two dates.
The Charlatans released "Over rising", one of their most legendary singles, on the 25th of February 1991. The year after, on the 24th of February, they published my favourite single of theirs, "Weirdo".
You realize time is not on your side anymore when the songs of your life are twenty years old.

The Charlatans - Over rising (1991)


The Charlatans - Weirdo (1992)

No comments:

Post a Comment